Himachal Pradesh is an incredible state of India surrounded by the great himalayas. The state attracts thousands of tourists every single year from all across the world with its untouched natural beauty and serenity. The state has postcard- views like backgrounds, lush green grasslands, farmlands, meadows, enchanting water streams, frozen glaciers, captivating rivers and a wide variety of flora and fauna.
The state has several sightseeing and adventure spots. When it comes to adventure spots, in Himachal you can undertake all kinds of adventure activities with BanBanjara like paragliding in Bir Billing, Rafting in Manali, Hot Air Ballooning, Camping, Cliff Jumping and bOdy Surfing, Trekking, Mountain biking, Hiking, etc.
When it comes to trekking, the state has endless trekking destinations. Like- Triund trek, kasol trek, kasol kheerganga trek, Tosh valley trek, Hampta Pass trek, Roopkund trek, Kareri lake trek, etc.
Kasol Kheerganga trek is one of the most preferred treks in the region of Himachal Pradesh. The place is surrounded by lush green landscapes and serene valleys. It is famous for its hypnotic view and spell casting surroundings.
Kasol and Kheerganga are both quaint villages. Kasol is also known as mini Israel of India where you will find Israeli tourists more than others. It is located at an altitude of 16000 meters above sea level and surrounded by Himalayan flora and fauna especially Chirpine, Deodar. There are endless spots where you can spend time at the bank of Parvati River.
Kheerganga is one of the most happening places in the Himachal region. It is a perfect campsite and popular among all trekkers, hikers and nature-loving people. The water of the river near Kheerganga looks as white as milk. The place has religious importance. It is believed that Lord Shiva meditated here for over 1000 years.
Delhi to Bhuntar distance- 490kms
Time- 10-12 hours
Bhuntar to Kullu- 50-70km
Time- 3 to 4 hours
Kullu to Kasol- 40 kms
Kasol to Kheerganga- 22 km
Time (trekking)- 15 hours
Best Time To Visit
The special thing about Kasol Kheerganga trek is that this trek is open for all seasons however it may be risky to do this trek under heavy rain and snowfall conditions. So to avoid going there in winter and monsoon.
How To Reach Kasol
The starting point of the Kasol Kheerganga trek is Kasol. If you have your own vehicle, you can directly reach there without any trouble. There are several ways to get to Kasol. The best way to reach directly at Kasol is from Delhi and Chandigarh. From Delhi or Chandigarh, you can easily find government as well as private bus to Bhuntar. Upon arriving at Bhuntar, you need to get to Kullu, then from there you have to catch the transport to Kasol. You can also hire a private tourist cab from Kullu which will drop you at Kasol.
- Carry protein bars, energy bars, eating stuff like chips, chocolates and water bottles.
- Do a proper survey of the Kasol Kheerganga trek on the internet before going there
- Carry medication and first aid box
- Respect the local traditions and cultures. Do not make fun of them
- Do not miss with the other travelers
- Don’t litter here and there. Keep the surroundings clean and green
- Don’t throw waste material here and there. Keep the waste in your bag separately and dispose it later at its right place
- Do not harm animals and plants
Why Kasol Kheerganga trek?
- You’ll get a chance to witness the majestic views of Himalayas on top
- On the way up there, you’ll find many cafes offering you delicious snacks and beverages. Enjoy them
- Spend a night on the top of Kheerganga under the starlit sky if possible
- Do not miss the fun of shopping in McLeodganj
- A perfect place for astrophotography
Things to carry-
- Dry clothes and winter clothes or windcheater
- Trek pants. Avoid denim jeans
- Trekking shoes and trekking poles
- Hiking (water resistant) shoes
- Eatery supplements (Munching items and energy bar)
- Torch with extra batteries
- Power Bank and portable charger
- Sleeping bag and tent and mattress
- Water bottles
- First aid kit
- Camera with extra batteries
- Id proof and other necessary documents that may be required
- sunscreen , cap, sunglasses
- Necessary toiletries